Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The End of an Era

I don't consider myself a very sentimental person, but there seems to be one piece of baby equipment that tugs at my heart strings.  That piece of equipment is called a Rock n Play.  Sidekick didn't ever like the swing, and he tolerated the bouncy seat once he got a little older.  The Rock n Play was his favorite place to be, and when I think about him as an itty bitty baby, I picture him in it.  I picture him asleep, I picture him smiling, and I picture him "talking" in it.  Once he got really good at tummy time and began sitting up, he didn't want to have anything to do with it.


Last week I went for a run before picking Sidekick up from school, and when we got home, I was desperate for a shower.  I brought the Rock n Play in the bathroom and strapped him in.  (I had never buckled him in before because he was always so content in it.)  Anyway, he proceeded to try to throw himself out of it.  I've never seen him so determined.  He grunted, he cried, he squealed, he yelled... all to know avail. To put it bluntly, he was pissed, and at that moment, I knew it was time to find the Rock n Play a new home.

I posted an ad on Craigslist, and within an hour, I got an email from someone who was interested in it.  She was even willing to drive an hour to pick it up (I still can't figure out why because the gas money alone was probably a lot.)  Anyway, I felt like I should interview her to make sure it was going to a good home. : )  Before we left to meet her, I laid Sidekick in it one last time and took his sweet picture.  It was time to say "good-bye" to the Rock n Play...


What was something that you had a hard time parting with when your baby started getting bigger?

No comments:

Post a Comment