Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Are Illnesses Contagious through Blogs?

I've been reading blogs about this nasty stomach bug that's going around.  I've empathized with all of the Mommas dealing with their sick kids (and in some cases the Mommas themselves are sick too).  I think perhaps it's contagious through the blog world because it entered my home yesterday.  Sidekick is dealing with everything his classmates have which is a cough and a bit of a runny nose.  Last night at 9:30, I began feeling a little queasy and was really tired.  I feel asleep until 10:30 only to wake up and do a mad dash to the bathroom.  The dreaded bug has struck!  I literally spend the entire night in the bathroom.  Meanwhile, Sidekick woke up multiple times coughing/crying.  So while I was spending a lot of time in the bathroom, I was also tending to my sick boy.  It's 8:08 AM, and Sidekick is still asleep. I so badly want him to wake up so that I can take him to school, go back home, and sleep.  I know he needs the sleep, so I don't want to wake him, but at the moment, my stomach is a little calmer, so I think I can get him to school without any "issues".  For goodness sakes... what could possibly be left in my intestines/belly? 

I had something like this last March while I was visiting my mom and it landed me in the ER for fluids because I was so dehydrated and weak after dealing with it for about 2 1/2 days.  Thankfully I was at my mom's so that she could take care of Sidekick while I sat in the ER.  This time I have no one to help me.  I know I'm going to jinx myself by writing this, but I'm pretty sure Sidekick will be next to get it.  In March, he gave the stomach bug to me, so I guess since I'm such a giver, I'll pass it on to him.  I really hope that's not the case because it's going to be a really long holiday weekend stuck with a sick boy.  Ugh! 

To those who have or have had this stomach bug... I now officially feel your pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment