Sunday, May 3, 2015

Oh, Happy Day!

Those of you who have been following my blog for a while know about my crazy neighbor-friend, and how she cut off all ties out of the blue back in October.  Sidekick and I ran a bunch of errands today and came home to find a "For Sale" sign in their yard.  I have been hoping this day would come.  I knew they were thinking about moving last fall, and I was devastated because our families became so close so quickly.  But now, I don't think I could actually put into words how elated I am!!!!!  We play in the cul-da-sac which is where their house is, and I'm always worried about running into them. Now I know that I won't have to worry much longer, and we can be comfortable in our neighborhood once again. It'll be an even happier day when I see their moving van pull away.  Yipppee!!!  Here's hoping a great new family moves in and that the house isn't cursed somehow and turns normal people into crazy ones. 

Aside from that, we had a good weekend.  We went to an event called Tons of Transportation where Sidekick got to sit in a school bus, ambulance, fire truck, crane, etc.  It was a little boy's dream come true. I am amazed at his independence, and how he doesn't seem to need me much.  He's so confident and just walks around like he is 15 and never looks back.  It just tugs at my heartstrings knowing how fast time goes. Make time stop.  Really.  Please do.  How much longer will he like people dressed up as characters?  He's watched Sesame Street a handful of times, but the excitement in his eyes when he saw Ahker the Gwouch was so great to see!


 
A good weekend turned into an amazing weekend with the (hopefully) soon to be departure of a family down the street.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! Hopefully a new and wonderful family will move in now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun photo! (And good news--yay!)

    ReplyDelete