Friday, May 30, 2014

Big Changes!

My life has been a whirlwind the past couple of weeks. Besides work being completely insane with really long hours, I had my condo on the market and had to worry about showings.  Juggling that craziness with Dog and Sidekick was a bit of a challenge, but within two weeks I got a contract on my condo with a five week close!  Eeek!  The good news is, I was able to get the townhouse I put an offer on with a contingency a few weeks ago!  While we didn't really negotiate that much with a contingency because Seller wasn't really willing to budge much, I went back in with a solid offer and a contact on my condo, and within two days, I was under contract with our new home!  Holy smokes... can I say "breathe?"  Since we didn't negotiate much with the contingency because I wasn't willing to pay as much as she wanted, I had to believe that if that townhouse was meant to be our home, then everything would work out, and it did.  I'm surprised I ended up in a townhouse because I wasn't looking for one as I really wanted a single family home, but I just happened upon it, and it is perfect.  It's totally upgraded and it's better than I ever though we would end up with.

While I was negotiating buying and selling, I decided surprise my mom and stepdad for the holiday weekend.  At a very last minute, I picked up Sidekick from school early that Friday, packed, and hopped in the car to drive five hours to visit my mom and stepdad.  They were so incredibly surprised to see us.  My stepdad is very sick and only has a couple of months to live, so it was good to visit with him (even though I only saw him for brief moments because he sleeps so much).  But being up there kept me more sane through all of the back and forth of signing contracts and my mom had so much fun with us. A few days after we got back home, it finally sunk it that I am moving. 

I am really sad to be leaving my friends in our current neighborhood.  My neighbor who is the door right across from ours is very sad we are leaving.  We are such good friends, spend a lot of time together, and she loves Sidekick. She knows him second best to me.  We hang out a lot with Sidekick and after he goes to sleep.  Everyone in the neighborhood knows Sidekick, and they all love him (and me).  There is such security and complacency here.  While I am pretty excited about our new adventure, I can't believe I'll only be sleeping in my home three more weekends.  This seems to be the fastest close ever, and I am so lucky the Seller is pretty much out of her place already so this could happen pretty smoothly. The next four weeks are going to be crazy, but at least we will be in a bigger home with so much room to spread out.  I just hope Sidekick acclimates well.  I worry about him.  He has so many people that love him here.  He has so many dogs he loves to play with.  He has so much room to explore in the big field and the woods nearby.  Ugh... why am I moving?  I know we are only ten minutes away, but it seems like forever away.

Now I need to catch up on everyone else's lives in the blog world!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new home, it sounds like it will be a perfect fit! I keep reminding myself that the new neighbors might be just as great as my current ones, but it is hard to say goodbye (I'm very hopeful about having actual kids living in our new neighborhood too). I've also been getting struck with sappy memories of bringing my newborn son home to this house. I hope your move goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete