Sunday, September 22, 2013

Can you Hear That?

It's the sound of me cheering that Sidekick is going back to school tomorrow!  Woo-hoo!  Yay!  Yippee!  Sidekick survived a double ear infection and a horrible new strain of Hand Foot and Mouth, and I survived Sidekick!  We did it! 

That sound is also me cheering because when I put him on his feet at the playground yesterday, he took off walking!  What?!?!!  He's taken up to eight steps (whenever he felt like it which wasn't often), but yesterday he just kept going and going and going.  Did a light bulb turn on in his little head and he all of a sudden "got it"? Awesome!  He also learned to put his finger in the hole of the raspberry and eat it off his fingers. That's pretty much the only way he'll eat raspberries now.  Funny.

We had an open house today. While we were kicked out of our home, Sidekick, dog, and I went for a long walk at the park.  After about 30 minutes, Sidekick fell asleep so when our 2+ mile walk was done I sat in a gazebo and actually read book on my Kindle.  That poor Kindle has been neglected.  I would love to have gone further, but poor almost 11 year old dog was slowing down.  When I got home, I learned that eight people showed up to the open house... some of which might be really interested in my condo.  Come on, buyer!  Bring me an offer!  I'm waiting!

Even though Sidekick and I need to be separated after ten days (wow!  That was a long time), I still get sad that it's Sunday night, and I have to go back to my adult responsibilities and earn my keep.  Gosh darn it.  : )  

No comments:

Post a Comment