Thursday, February 19, 2015

Table for Two

I don't know how I feel about past lives, but many people who know Sidekick, have commented that he is an old soul and he's "been around" before.  I have to admit that there are times when he says or does something and I think to myself that he shouldn't be doing/saying that at 2 1/2 years old. He tells me at random times that I am beautiful (and it's usually when I need a shower!).  He'll do something and immediately asks me if it makes me happy.  He is an outgoing, yet cautious, gentle little boy who is so aware of the world and the people who live in it.  He just seems to know too much.

I've taught him to set the table with his dishes at a pretty young age.  I have all of his dishes in a cabinet that he can reach, so he likes to pick out the colors of his plates, bowls, and cups.  I had had a long day and was trying to get dinner ready for us.  Sidekick was working on puzzles and his ears must have been broken when I asked him to set the table because he hadn't moved from the puzzle.  I was getting a little impatient while finishing things up, so I asked him again with a little firmer, louder voice.  He got up and did what I asked him to do.  When I turned around, I found two sets of matching dishes at the table.  My sweet boy, had set the table for me also:



How could I not use the dishes he got out for me?  He was so happy and excited and said, "I set the table for you, Momma.  That make you happy?"  Of course it made me happy and I happily served myself using his dishes and filled the small cup with water.  He has learned that the world doesn't revolve around him.  He has learned that it's nice to help others.  He has learned how to be loving and kind.

1 comment:

  1. Happy to have found you. I'm also a single mom from Spain. My son is the bright of my eyes... Now I'm going to try giving him a sibling...

    ReplyDelete