Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Potential Date?

I wrote a couple of days ago that I joined an online dating website... ugh!  I've been emailing a guy back and forth for a few days, and from what I can tell, he's a great guy, and I really look forward to hearing from him each day.  His emails are witty, and I love that.  He made some reference in his profile about single moms:

"... first of all I have great respect for you raising your children! And I appreciate they should be your first priority... However, I deserve to be a priority in someone's life as well. I struggle with those competing priorities. (Just being honest.) So I'm open to dating but I don't have a lot of experience there. So I just ask for a little guidance in that area AND I ask that we have open communication about how this might work out. Of course not necessarily upfront but IF things would start to get serious between us. But I will teach them to spit or how to ride a 4-wheeler if they come out to the family farm- just warning you. :)"

I appreciate his honesty and his possible trepidation because I have the same thoughts as well.  I especially freak out about dating someone when I have no family in the same state so I have to find a babysitter.  I worry about the "right" time to introduce Sidekick to a potential boyfriend.  Since Sidekick is so young, I don't think I have to be as concerned because to him, he'd just be some guy with whom to play instead of a potential husband who may or may not leave his mommy and him.  Nonetheless, I struggle with the idea of fitting a man into our lives.  As much as I'd love to find a husband and have more kids or have a blended family, the logistics freak me out. 

Anyway, he's never asked about Sidekick, and I really appreciate that. I fear that a guy may run for the hills when he learns that Sidekick is only one.  I fear that a guy might not accept the way in which Sidekick was conceived.  I fear everything.  I'd rather have a face to face conversation about what I did instead of via email.  I don't want to be judged before someone actually meets me and sees that I'm a pretty good catch.  : )

I do hope that I will meet this guy.  (He sounds too good to be true.)  I remain hopeful that one day I will find my Prince. 

On a side note, "Hopeful" is part of my screen name.  I have yet to tell him my name even though I know his. Because of that, he has been calling me Hope in emails. It's so fitting on so many levels!

2 comments:

  1. Hi-I just found your blog. I don't have any great advice or anything; however, I can relate. Especially about the babysitter issue. I'm lucky to have great daycare but that is DAY care. Evenings out are practically nonexistent around here. Best wishes--maybe I can enjoy vicariously through your dating adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if you've been nominated before, but I just nominated you for the Liebster Award! http://omgtheresthree.com/?p=6109

    ReplyDelete