Monday, July 15, 2013

Due Date

Today was my due date.  I had my induction scheduled for the 17th because according to my doctor, Sidekick was not going to come out on his own and he was going to be big!  Lo and behold, he chose to enter the world on his own (water broke while filling up Macey's water bowl) exactly one week early after 21 hours of labor and 2 1/2 hours of pushing.  I remember being kind of sad while in labor that I didn't really have a chance to say goodbye to my pregnancy because I thought I had another eight or nine days until he would enter the world.  I really loved being pregnant, and I wanted some time to savor him growing in my belly a few more days. I was caught off guard with his unexpected arrival, but I was more caught off guard with how much I loved him.  My big boy is one year and one week old today!  I was told by so many people that it goes so fast.  They weren't kidding!
 

 
 
I decided to make Sidekick a treasure box, write him a letter every year on his birthday, and put in in the box.  Since we were with my nephews on his birthday, they wrote a letter to him also (I have no idea what they wrote).  In my envelope is also $1.  Every year, I'll put money in the envelope for as old as he is, so next year, I'll put $2 in that year's envelope. I can't wait until Sidekick opens up all of these letters on his 18th birthday (or whenever I decide to give them to him).  He'll have quite a lot of money also!  What a fun birthday present.
 
 
 
 

1 comment: