Friday, January 18, 2013

It's Been Such a Long Time!

I try to keep Sidekick's journal and baby book updated, and while that's difficult, this blog seems to be on the back burner.  Here's a recap of the past six months:

1.  He has always been a great sleeper!  He started sleeping eight hours at four weeks old and 12 hours at nine weeks old. 
2.  He has always been a happy, easy, funny baby.
3. He started school at 13 weeks old, and he is and always has been one of the favorites (of course I love this!)
4.  He's a tiny little guy and while he's long at 27 inches, he is not quite 16 pounds (six month appt).
5.  He loves our dog-- especially when she licks his fingers.  He laughs so hard!
6.  His favorite song has always been "Wheels on the Bus" (especially when I make up new "sounds" that are on the bus).
7.  He has plagiocephaly (bad flat spot on the back of his head).  While it was recommended he get a helmet, I requested one month to make a positive change with his measurements with repositioning.  We made great progress, and I now have one more month to get him in the "normal" range.  Phew!
8.  He loves every food he has tried! He has yet to spit out, gag, have problems swallowing, etc.
9.  He loves reading books!  He already has favorite ones and others he isn't interested.
10.  He can roll over front to back and back to front, but he's lazy when it comes to back to front.
11.  He can sit up on his own for longer than 30 seconds.
12.  He went under water at 5 1/2 months old and loved it.  I can't wait to get him in swim lessons.
13.  He took his first plane ride to Florida for Christmas, and he was great! 
14.  He loves long walks, and when the weather is nice, he'll sit in his stroller for up to 4 1/2 miles. 
15.  I never knew how much I could love someone immediately and unconditionally.  

I'll try to get better about writing. Being a single mom can be really hard, but despite how tired I am, how much laundry I have to do, and how much cleaning I have to do, it doesn't matter because it's all worth it, and I love this little guy more than anything!  It doesn't hurt that I truly have the perfect baby.  We "get" each other, we are in sync with one another, and we are very, very happy!  There were times when I was pregnant that I wondered if I was making the right decision.  Without a doubt, this is the best thing I have ever done!

No comments:

Post a Comment