Friday, November 12, 2010

Obesssed with Budget

I've always been a person who is very aware of how much money I make, and I how much money I can spend. If I can't pay cash for it, then I don't buy it. I save money like a crazy person and contribute a lot to my 401K. When thinking about this potential baby of mine, I begin to freak out when I realize that I won't be able to save as much money, and I freak out that I won't be able to make ends meet. I've looked into the price of daycares which is quite expensive and makes me think twice about this plan. If I send my child to daycare, then I  might have to tap into my savings every month, and that makes me uncomfortable. I don't want to live paycheck to paycheck. I don't want to have to alter my way of life because I can't afford to do the things I want to do all because I had a baby. To me, that's not the way I want to live. I've decided to begin saving every month for daycare in a separate account so that when and if I get pregnant, I'll be ahead of the game with regards to paying for daycare.  That takes the pressure off me a little bit.

A few friends know about this potential adventure of mine, and one in particular always makes me see that it is very much possible to do this financially. She brought up the idea of in-home daycare. When looking into prices, my fear and worry was eased. I can do this! I can afford in-home daycare! The idea of having a baby on my own is back on! I'm sure that in a day or so (or even within the next hour), the plan of having a baby will be off again. This is a tough decision in so many ways, and I want to make sure this is the right thing for me and my baby. I think I might be putting too much thought and effort into this far more than any married couple, but with two parents, things seem so much easier in a lot of ways. The thought process continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment