Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Sidekick's Pseudo-Daddy is Moving out of State

I always knew that if I was lucky enough to get pregnant, my best friend's husband would be a great role model for Sidekick.  Because of a job transfer, my best friend, Sidekick's Pseudo-Daddy, and their kids are moving out of town.  I am crushed.  In his almost one year of life, he has grown to know Matt, and Matt has bonded with Sidekick. When I found out I was having a boy, I was so thankful Matt would be in my son's life.  I had someone who would show him how to pee in a urinal, I had someone who would teach him to build things because Matt is so handy, and I had someone who would be a great father figure. 

They are moving in August, and as fast as Sidekick's first year of life went, these weeks leading up to the big move are going to fly by.  The thought of losing them just brings tears to my eyes.

And now, I am taking applications for a new best friend and Pseudo-Daddy...

No comments:

Post a Comment