Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Moving on to Round #2

Now that the cat is out of the bag and my few friends and family know that my first attempt at an IUI was unsuccessful, I am ready to move on to round #2!  I took my time dealing with and accepting the bad news, but I am more ready than ever to do what needs to be done to make this successful.  I have emailed my RE with my thoughts and concerns with the timing of things.  I am hoping that when I have my next appointment with him that we will change things up. 


I've always been very proactive with everything in my life, and I like to be educated and knowledgeable about everything.  I understand my body and the timing of things well enough to believe that we were too late.  We need to discuss this.  As obsessive as it might seem, I would actually like to do the hCG injection and have an ultrasound 24 hours later to see if the egg has released.  If it has, then we will defrost the sperm, wash it, and inject it as quickly as possible.  If the egg has not released, then I want to go back 12 hours later to see what is happening.  It might be excessive and I don't even know if this can logistically be done due to the office obviously not being open 24 hours, but I want to get it right this time.  Unlike a couple who has sex before ovulation, during ovulation, and after ovulation, I've only got one chance, and I need to get it right. I don't know if my RE would be willing to be this on top of things, but I feel like he gets paid, so why not. 


I'm keeping this round completely to myself (aside from my great FB page friends who are on this journey with me!).  No one will be waiting for a date this time around.  That way if it doesn't work, I don't need to report back to anyone.  While I feel like some people still judge me for my choice of being a single mother, the majority of them are so supportive and excited about me being blessed with a child.  Sometimes I think my friends are more emotional about this than I am.  I guess I am just realistic and am trying to be as even keeled as I can.  Right now, being overly emotional is not an option because that only makes this whole thing that much harder.  All I know is that this baby will really truly be loved by many. 

No comments:

Post a Comment