Sunday, January 23, 2011

Moving Right Along

Bloodwork has to be timed perfectly. Because my out of town meeing was cancelled, I was able to get my blood drawn on the "perfect" day. I have made an appointment with my OBGYN one week before I meet with the reproductive endocrinologist. While discussing this with a friend, we decided it make sense that my doctor know of my plans, and perhaps IUIs will be covered by insurance through her. If so, why not start the process with her? When I talked to her nurse about getting that bloodwork called in, I explained that I am meeting with both doctors to see what they advise. She asked me if I had been trying to get pregnant for long and my response was, "No, I have been trying to find a husband/daddy for too long." She laughed and reassured me that there are a lot of "me" out there. It made me feel better and not so abnormal. Somehow the fact that I have taken some big steps recently doesn't really freak me out. I'm excited for what will hopefully occur later this year. I keep reminding myself that at least I will never wonder "what if".

No comments:

Post a Comment