Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Launch...

Well, I've taken a big step! As of yesterday, I have stopped taking the pill. Yikes! I've been on the pill for years, and I wonder how my body will respond now that I do not plan on taking it anymore. Also, I have scheduled an appointment next month to have a consultation with the doctor who will (hopefully) do my IUI. I am hopeful that my OB/GYN will call in an order for bloodwork ahead of time so I can get that part over with before I meet with the other doctor. I will also begin tracking my ovulation (I hope I actually ovulate!) to help with the timing of things. While I have been searching sperm banks, I don't plan on paying for more information about the donors until after I meet with the doctor and he tells me this is all a go. I have saved some based on basic information, but won't waste time or money if this is not possible for some strange reason. Things seem to be moving quickly now and my head is spinning. I know that I don't plan on doing the actual IUI for a few months, but getting my ducks in a row is making this all so real, and since time flies, the actual first try will be here before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment