Thursday, March 9, 2017

Disney World-- It's not REALLY the Happiest Place, is it?

Last weekend we got back from our whirlwind trip to Disney World, and I can't understand why people go there more than once in their lifetime.  Really, I can't.  While I loved seeing such joy and excitement in Sidekick's face, it's certainly not a place I'd like to go again.  It's kind of a rite of passage, and I'm glad we went, but as he said the day we left, "Goodbye, hotel room.  I'll see you again when I get old like my Momma."  He's right.  He can take his kids while I am happily hanging out in my retirement home. 

The trip was exhausting, which I total expected.  The entire place is like a well oiled machine which makes the trip so much easier.  The meal plans, transportation, Fast Passes, etc. are all there to make the trip more enjoyable.  We went to Magic Kingdom for 2 1/2 days, and Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios one day each.  We rode a lot of rides, got signatures from a bunch of characters, he did Jedi training, he wiped out big time and got a goose egg on his forehead, ate at some cool places with characters, swam, and I had to reign him in during all of it.  He was crazy!  His listening was less than good which made me completely crazy (and I know it made our friends bonkers), but sometimes it's hard to reel him in amongst all of the stimulation and excitement.   

But is it magical???  Sure... if you are a kid or one of those crazy adult Disney fanatics.

I was so worried we'd get sick right before or during our vacation.  I was wrong. We got sick right afterwards.  I have what I'm pretty sure is influenza.  I'm now on day five and feel a little better today than any other day.  Along with my cough, runny nose, and sneezing, my body has been so achy, and no matter what kids of meds I take, nothing took away the achy muscles and joints.  I've had to sleep with a heating pad on my legs because I have been in so much pain. I seriously don't know the last time I have been so sick. 

Then on Tuesday, I got a call from school that Sidekick had a fever, so he has a much milder version of what I have.  His fever finally broke last night, but he's home again today.  I'm hoping that the fever stays away so he can at least go to school tomorrow.  We've had a little too much bonding time over the past almost two weeks.  Haha.

Here are some pics from our vacation:

 
                               

                                 

 




                            



4 comments:

  1. "I can't understand why people go there more than once in their lifetime. Really, I can't." I second that! I wouldn't even have gone a first time after having been there ... LOL! For the life of me ... WHY?! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many people think I'm crazy for saying what I really thought about Disney. Thanks for being on my side. :)

      Delete
  2. Sorry that you got sick after your vacation. Otherwise are you feeling better than last month? I could almost recognise myself in your previous post. Being a single mother myself, I know what you were talking about... I did have moments/periods like that, but luckily it went away without professional help. Hang in there, things will get better ! Sending you a virtual hug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking on me. My "vacation" was a good break from real life and it may have reset me a little bit. It was good to get away. However, I still have those moments. I still feel like I'm in a funk some days. I still feel "off" some days. I'm throwing myself into work because now is my busy season so that helps me push away that stuff, but I realize it's not addressing things, it's just burying them.

      Delete