Monday, December 21, 2015

All Clear, a Little Laugh, and Holiday Cheer

I went for my more in depth mammogram, and when I was taken back, the lady wished me luck and told me that she hopes everything goes well.  Yikes!  That was enough to make me nervous. The scans that day showed "something", but after doing some additional scans, all was good.  Of course I didn't trust them and wanted them to do like 15 more scans just to make sure.  But, I was reassured I was okay and was told they'd see me next year.  Phew! (And too bad I had to pay for this special mammogram because I hadn't met my deductible this year!  Yikes!)

Sidekick's school had their holiday party. The kids all sand "Jingle Bells", and he refused to stand with his friends and sing.  Disappointed, I let him sit on my lap while we watched the kids. Shortly after the music started, Sidekick jumped off my lap and joined his friends. I just wish he hadn't been so shy... he sure messed up all the other kids by not singing the right verses. 


 
 

I'm not one who has ever made a big deal of holidays, and Christmas is no different.  However, Sidekick totally digs Santa (unlike the past two years), so it makes it a little more fun.  We got into the holiday spirit quickly by riding the Polar Express which was a lot of fun.  Of course he was a little skeptical because the train went so slowly and we didn't actually go to the North Pole, but it was a great time nonetheless. 
 

And he's made a lot of progress with Santa!

 
We did an impromptu evening in an historic part of the town in which we live. I think this picture is really cool!

 
Merry early Christmas to those who celebrate!  May you be filled with blessings, miracles, and happiness. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment